As I moved around from friends’ houses and hotel to hotel over the Christmas and New Year period, I reflected on the need to continually charge devices, becoming ever alert to plug sockets on trains, planes and unfamiliar living rooms. Where to sit to be close (and not leave wires for people to trip over), do I have the correct charger/adapter and dongles. I’ve managed to internalise the need to carry a raft of chargers, adapters, duplicates in different bags. I’ve become adept at flipping between wifi and network carriers, hopping in and out of hotel lobbies. It occurred to me that I have become the equivalent of a 21st century hunter-gatherer drifting from point to point, picking up electricity, wifi or broadband juice where I find it – and in competition at times for sometimes scarce resources. adds a frisson of excitement to the journey I guess!
My Twitter Feed
- Opentech 2013 – how conferences should be
- Raspberry Pi Workshop
- Catching up on the CSI
- Bookleteer and Creativity
- The New Art of Making Books
- Identity and entrepreneurship: for those who asked…
- Crossing the social media bridge
- Enjoyable visit to Anglia Ruskin
- What’s coming up in 2013?
- Interdisciplinarity and co-creation at the front end of innovation #SXSC2